- 541330 - Engineering Services
- 541511 - Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 - Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 - Computer Facilities Management Services
- 541519 - Other Computer Related Services
- 541611 - Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
- 541614 - Process, Physical Distribution, and Logistics Consulting Services
- 541618 - Other Management Consulting Services
- 541690 - Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- 541990 - Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 561210 - Facilities Support Services
Summary of Capabilities
- Business process management and re-engineering (BPM/BPR).
- Software application and database development and administration.
- Workflow and acquisition applications development to include performance metrics measurement and dashboard reporting.
- Warehouse Management and Asset management.
- Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) Application Development.
Summary of Experience and Customers
RFL’s business approach is to help its customers take an objective look at their business processes, update the way they do business, and then simplify their data transactions with today’s technology. This approach helps the customer understand their total ownership costs and provides realistic cost-benefit analyses that more accurately identify return on investment.
To perform BPM and BPR, RFL is a Premier BizFlow Corp. partner and we have extensive experience in using and integrating their BizFlow business process management software. RFL applied our business approach to our principal customer, Naval Special Warfare Command (NSWC), and greatly simplified their business processes and workflow. As part of our support, RFL developed the Special Warfare Information Fast Tracker (SWIFT) workflow application for use with the Government Commercial Purchase Card (GCPC) that interfaces with CitiBank and greatly shortens the processing and payment time for NSWC card transactions. This increases the command’s rebate from the bank and more than paid for the workflow implementation in the first year.
SWIFT is so successful that it has received two awards:
- 2011 North American 1st Place Award for Business Process Management from the Performance Excellence Network 2011
- North American Silver Award for Business Process Management from the Workflow Management Coalition
SWIFT has also been nominated for the 2012 Navy Admiral Arthur Award for Logistics Excellence. RFL is currently in discussion with Naval Supply Systems Command to extend SWIFT to other major Navy commands.
RF Logistics also developed and maintains the Special Warfare Automated Logistics Information System (SWALIS) which provides real-time tracking of the custody of all assets assigned to individuals in NSWC. The system is web-based and scalable to larger organizations. Additionally, RFL developed management dashboards for NSWC to provide convenient access to asset and financial information for the command. This is now being expanded to include maintenance and life cycle measurement data.
RFL is an expert in the use of AIT including all its variations to include “point of activity” data capture, mobile computing, barcode printing technologies and capture, Wireless Radio Frequency Data Capture (RFDC), and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). We also have extensive experience in ensuring compliance with DOD Item Unique Identification (IUID) requirements and the DoD IUID Registry. RFL uses our AIT and IUID experience to provide on-site asset and warehouse management for NSWC in Coronado CA, Little Creek VA, and Dam Neck VA and to support remote users in Stennis MS, Crane IN, West Virginia, and at overseas bases.
At RFL, we focus on business process reengineering and automated data operations for logistics & warehouse management, business & office management, or asset visibility at all levels of an enterprise. RF Logistics is an independent industry analyst and architect of data collection solutions in various phases of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) technologies—such as barcodes, contact memory, radio frequency data capture (RFDC)--as well as automatic information technology (AIT) equipment.
RF Logistics’ success is our focus on bringing an organization’s data collection and transactions to the “point of activity”. We work with our customers to ensure their business processes are sound, effective and represent best practice. This is a critical step before implementing any AIDC or AIT project in any organization. RF Logistics has developed and implemented data media solutions, data collection equipment and software related to radio frequency identification (RFID), real-time location systems (RTLS) and wireless local area network (WLAN) projects within various DoD and Federal Government Agencies.